GUM Clinic @ East Laith Gate House
GUM / Sexual Health Services Update
Due to Coronavirus and social distancing measures, we are changing the way we work in order to protect the health of patients and staff.
From Monday 23rd March 2020, we will be running telephone consultations and face to face appointments only. To reduce the risk of virus transmission, please do not bring other people with you, unless you are dependent on them.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT, YOU WILL NOT BE SEEN. The ‘SIT & WAIT’ clinic (walk-in) HAS STOPPED.
If you need to be seen for testing or treatment or any other reason;
PLEASE PHONE THE FOLLOWING PHONE NUMBERS BETWEEN 08.30-11.30am ONLY.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE MESSAGES ON THESE MOBILE PHONES,
WE ARE UNABLE TO RETURN YOUR CALL
Too make sure you speak to the correct person, on the phone the reception staff will ask you to choose from the following options;
- No symptoms. Wanting tests to check for sexually transmitted infections.
- I have symptoms, and need to check for sexually transmitted infections.
- I think I’ve been exposed to HIV and need PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis).
- I have been sexually assaulted.
- I have another problem and would rather not say.
Patients who already have appointments
You will be contacted ahead of time and told whether to come at your allotted time, or whether you will be phoned at that time instead.
For URGENT PROBLEMS ONLY please phone 07884547705
We would ask you to respect our staff during these difficult times.