Please follow this link to information on HIV and AIDS
CORONAVIRUS (Covid-19) Update
- For Up-to-date advice on HIV and Covid-19:
- Please follow this link from the British HIV Association and Terrence Higgins Trust:
- Your HIV Medication
- To ensure smooth supply of your HIV medication please give at least one month’s notice
- If you are running out of HIV medication then call 01302 640040 and let us know. We will give you more medication.
- If you’re not on Home Delivery and are running out please contact us on;
- 01302 640040
- For Home Delivery of medication, please note that the delivery drivers will no longer go within touching distance but
- they will remain within talking distance. They will not leave packages unattended but will put the medication package in a suitable place and then retreat to non-touching distance whilst the person then retrieves the package. The drivers will not enter patients houses.
- Telephone Appointments
- We will try to offer patients telephone appointments instead of their face-to-face appointments if possible. We can organise your prescriptions this way and we can defer blood tests until another time if appropriate.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment
- Please let us know in advance if you need to cancel your appointment. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to keep your appointment. If you are self-isolating we can offer you a telephone appointment.
- Supporting Letter to give employers for social distancing to protect yourself
- We can provide a letter for your employer saying that you are in the “higher risk category” for Covid-19 if necessary. The letter will not mention HIV specifically.
- Ensure you have had your pneumonia vaccine (PCV 13) and ‘flu vaccine – your GP will be able to confirm this if you are not sure.
- If you are feeling unwell please call 111 for advice and inform the HIV clinic that you are doing so on 01302 640040